Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Trader Joe's Product O' the Whenever: Cinnamon Schoolbook Cookies

I purchased these little gems for the first time the other day, and they are definitely "Product 'O the Whenever" worthy.

Each tub o' deliciousness includes the alphabet from A to Z and even some numbers too!



In addition to their delicious snicker doodle-esque flavor, they have been great for encouraging my Bennett boy to sound out short words.

He is more than eager to learn his blends when a tasty cookie treat awaits him at the end!


Wow... that rhymed! I'm a poet and I didn't know it!

Anyway, there is a lot of fun to be had with these cookies. Like this morning... Bennett found a surprise waiting in his yogurt at breakfast.



Think about how many fun things you could do with these cinnamony confections... I found this fun recipe online, which features said cookies. I will be making these treats for Bennett's class in February!
You could also use them to spell out a message on your child's birthday cake, play edible scrabble, send a secret message in your child's lunchbox...

Or you could just spell out your own name and decorate it with doodles... if you are slightly pathetic and hopelessly dorky like yours truly!


Yes, that is a backwards 3 taking the place of the "E." Hooray for improv!

Whatever you do with them, these cookies spell out WONDERFUL every time!

3 comments:

  1. very nice! love that recipe, too. i might make it for maggie's class too. i really want to make those valentine white chocolate candies. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! I like these :) I hope you don't mind me stopping by...just looking for other moms to read from!

    ReplyDelete