Friday, January 14, 2011

A Personality Revelation: The Languages of Apology

Several years ago, my husband and I heard about the book The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman, and we really think it is an awesome marriage/relationship tool. It helped us understand ourselves and the ways we give/receive love. I highly recommend reading it, if you haven't already.

Well, now I just discovered that the same author has another book called The 5 Languages of Apology and WOW! What a revelation into myself and what I am looking for when others have wronged me. I took the assessment at the bottom of the page, and I scored highest in the "Expressing Regret" category.

My secondary language was "Accept Responsibility."

I definitely resonate most with the "Expressing Regret."

I am super interested to see what McPreachy scores, and I think this could be very helpful to me as I try to apologize in a way that is meaningful to him.

Check it out, and let me know what your results are!

1 comment:

  1. My scores:

    11 Expressing Regret
    9 Accepting Responsibility

    How funny that ours were the same, considering our personalities are different in many other ways! I too wonder what Jon's would be. Fun!

    ReplyDelete