Thursday, July 1, 2010

Faux-Sew Project: Hand Towel Beach Bags

We recently went on a wonderful vacay with McPreachy's family, the Mc-In-laws! We stayed at a beach house near Santa Barbara, and it really was heavenly.

I decided I wanted to make something fun for Bennett, Mallory and their cousins for the trip. I made these Hand Towel beach bags, and they turned out sew cute.

Get it?

Anyway, I call this a "Faux-Sew" Project because you do not need to possess any sewing skills whatsoever to make it. I am qualified to make this claim because:

a. I have no sewing skills whatsoever.

b. I made 4 of these bags quite successfully.

c. I snuck ten pounds worth of snacks into Toy Story 3 using one of said bags, and it didn't fall apart.

Here's Mallory's bag:


Here's Faith's bag (and Mallory's feet):



And here are the boys' bags. Aren't they darling?



Here are instructions on how to make them.


Supply List:

  • The towels and washcloths I used were from Target.

  • "Rope" for the handles was from Joanne's.
  • .
  • Embroidery thread and buttons were from Michael's.

I also prepared a few fun activities for the kids to do at the beach house. They turned out really cute. Here they are:

  1. We made this Watermelon Jello and it was SO cute, SO easy and SOOOOO delicious! Seriously, if you want a showstopper, make it!



  2. We also made these cute Octopus Crafts. The kids had fun gluing on the beads and google eyes.

  3. I also really wanted to make this "Sand-Cast Bass" craft, but we just didn't have time... I'm still planning on doing it sometime this summer... so if you're in the neighborhood, come on over and make a Bass with us!

Which reminds me...

"I caught you a delicious bass."

Name that movie.

1 comment:

  1. Case, this is such a cute idea, i love it! i think i'll have to rope Maggie in to helping me with hers. i'm going to log away, not sure if i'll be able to make before Kate comes, but i sure to love it...and so simple. all your creative ideas are so fun; the trip sounded wonderful!

    i cheated and googled the quote: napoleon dynamite! i don't remember the scene though. do tell. xoxo

    ReplyDelete