Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Blogspiration: Batch Cooking

I was really inspired by this post on batch cooking over at Simple Bites.
So far I've tried the pesto recipe and the fruit crisp topping, which both turned out great!

Here are my fruit-crisp-topping jars, ready to freeze.


To make things easier, I just went ahead and labeled the jar tops with the baking instructions so I didn't have to look it up every time.


I also made an apple crisp with the topping right away. You know me, I can't wait.

Here it is:

To prepare it, I took 6 granny smith apples (peeled, cored and sliced) and threw 'em in a 13x9 pan with a handful of brown sugar, a squeezer of lemon juice (half a lemon), a generous sprinkle of cinnamon and a dash of grated nutmeg.

Then I plopped my fruit crisp topping on top and baked it for about 20 minutes at 400 degrees. Easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment