Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Preparing for Easter: A Few Fun, Meaningful Activities

Sorry Kiddiewinkies... no time to add photos to this post today.

My kitchen needs to be cleaned.

And I haven't uploaded photos from my camera since November.

No, seriously, all of our Chrismas pictures are STILL on the camera. For real.

Anyway... I thought I'd share my Easter plans for this year. I'm planning on doing a few simple activities with Bennett. I think they will really teach the Easter story in a very hands-on way.
  • First, I found this tip on making your own Resurrection eggs instead of buying them. SCORE! (Thanks Leslie for posting this idea on your blog!). You are supposed to start opening the eggs 12 days before Easter... I started yesterday. OOPS. Oh well, we've' just been opening two eggs a day. NO need to live by the rules as long as the kids are learning. Ah-men.
  • My friend Suz-to-the-Anne (I'd link to her blog but it's tre-exclusive) passed along a recipe for Easter Cookies, and I literally squealed with delight when I read through it. I can't wait to make them on Easter-Eve.

Also, I thought I'd share the mahn-u that my Mamasita and I will be making for Easter Dinner.

Appetizers:

Fruit Salsa with Cinnmon Chips

Deviled Eggs

Dinner:

Ham

Spicy Honey Chicken (For those non-pork eaters... Heathens.)

Creamy Herb Potatoes

Rolls

Green Salad

Dessert:

Strawberry Shortcake

That's all for now! Now go eat some Cadbury Mini Eggs and enjoy your Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment