Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Lake Gregory: Childhood Nostalgia Re-Visited

When I was growing up, my family had a little cabin in Lake Gregory, California, and I have very fond memories of visiting this quaint little mountain town every summer.
Now that I have kiddos of my own, I felt it was high time to resurrect this family tradition. Cause those of you who know me well know that I LOVE tradition. I do admit, I can go a little overboard on family traditions sometimes... but I really do believe that traditions are a very important part of family life. They unify your family, making your kids feel like they are part of something special. And even as your kids grow up and enter their hormonal teenage years, your family traditions keep them connected and engaged with the family. (Or at least I hope so!) Plus, traditions are just so darn fun!
So this was the first year of our new Lake Gregory summer tradition. Here are some highlights!

Here's a video of Bennett in the car as we're getting ready to leave...



His excitement is just so precious... I'm sure Jesus got a good chuckle out of sweet Bennett calling him "Jewsus."


Here's our family enjoying the perfect summer day.



Here's McPreachy playing ball with Bennett on the beach. Bennett used his charm to weasel a little girl out of that ball. (We gave it back when we were done playing, of course). And check out my hot husband's killer physique!!!


Mallory is just so adorable! Sometimes she will be acting so cute, my Mom and I just start laughing because we don't know what else to do with ourselves when faced with such extreme precious-ness. This was one of those moments.



Here's Bennett playing with his sand toys...



...while his best buddy Bobob supervises.

No comments:

Post a Comment