Thursday, August 26, 2010

Easy, Microwavable, Homemade Mac and Cheese: The Holy Grail of Motherhood

(picture courtesy of thekitchn.com)

My son is not a great eater. He really could do without eating most of the time. But one of the few foods he will devour happily without me force feeding it to him is Mac and Cheese.

So when I stumbled upon this recipe online, I literally made it right then and there. It was 4:00 in the afternoon, and I already had dinner planned and ready to go... so I gave it to my kids as a snack.

I just needed to know if it was too good to be true.

Oh no, my friends. It isn't.

Please go try this recipe immediately. The beauty of it is three-fold:
  1. It is SO much healthier than the boxed version.
  2. I always have these ingredients on hand, so I can always whip it up in a pinch.
  3. Is is easy to customize and tweak to your liking.


Okay wait, the beauty is four-fold:

4. It's quick... it's made in the microwave for goodness sake!

Hope you enjoy it. I just know it will be a lifesaver for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment