Tuesday, May 18, 2010

DIY: The Starbucks Experience

I love me some Starbucks. I would go every day if I could.

But I can't. I just can't.

So I have devised a way to have the Starbucks Experience every day without spending the money.

Here are a few DIY copycats of My Starbucks Favorites:


  • The cups --A good cup is essential to the Starbucks experience. I wrote all about the glories of these cups in this post.
  • Iced Latte -- join my favorite Italian... Giada, as she teaches us how to make delish iced lattes flavored with cinnamon. YUM! This has been my go-to iced latte recipe for several years. Extra points if you say "latte" Italian-style like Giada.
  • Iced Coffee -- I recently discovered this great iced coffee recipe, which is a little less involved than the iced latte recipe and super delicious.
  • Petite Vanilla Bean Scones -- Leave it to PW to come up with an exact replica of the most delicious scones on earth.




  • Blueberry Oat Bar -- PW does it again. Just swap out the apricot jam for blueberry in this recipe, and you are on your way to wholesome Starbucks goodness.


  • Maple Oat Scones -- Here is a recipe I haven't tried yet... a copycat of one of my favorite Starbucks treats. I can't wait to try this one!

So go ahead... make yourself something special and have a wonderful, caffeinated day!

3 comments:

  1. I am so excited to try the petite vanilla scones, because I am absolutely obsessed with them. It is definately unhealthy how much I love them. Now, I just need an espresso machine, so that I can accomplish a yummy at home latte :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipes for the delicious iced coffee drinks....I heart Starbucks and visit is WAY too often!! I need to pick up some of those cups @ BB&B...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, hi, like best post ever. i'm going to make those jam bars soon, maybe in the morning. and i'm going to use blackberry jam, what i have on hand. these are the same ones you gave me that day we played at dinosaur park, right? xoxo

    ReplyDelete