Basically the gist is, pick a few meals that you will ALWAYS have the stuff for in your pantry, and then you will never have to face that, "Oh no! I have nothing planned for dinner tonight!" moment.
The post gives three delish-sounding, easy-to-make pantry meals, but I thought I'd share a few of my favorite pantry meals also.
The first is my Mom-in-Law's recipe for Cranberry Chicken. I LOOOOOVE it. It is so delicious and easy! Only 4 ingredients!
- Take 4-6 frozen chicken breasts and defrost them. Place in a 13x9 baking dish.
- Mix together 1 can whole berry (or regular) cranberry sauce, 1 envelope of onion soup mix and 1/2 bottle of Catalina salad dressing. (*note: I normally do NOT like this kind of dressing, but it is delish in this recipe, so don't be scared off!)
- Pour mixture over chicken in pan and bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes,or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve over rice with lotsa sauce!
Lipton Onion Soup Meatloaf:
from the back of the Onion Soup Box... only gourmet around here...
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 pounds ground beef (I always keep this in the freezer)
- 1 1/2 C bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 C ketchup
- 3/4 C water (if needed)
Combine all ingredients in large bowl.
Form into a loaf and bake 350°F for about one hour in 9x13 pan, or about 40 minutes in muffin tins for individual servings.
I hope you enjoy these simple, easy meals! Now share the love... Please comment and leave some of your favorite pantry meals.
And remember, Moms don't let Moms order take out!
Just kidding... I love take-out.