Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I Love You... I Honestly Love You: Cavender's Greek Seasoning


I met up with an old friend today at Cost Plus World Market. His name is Cavender's Greek Seasoning. And boy do I love him.


This seasoning was a tip from my friend Gina. It was a staple at her house growing up. And after she introduced us, it was love at first taste!


Use Cavender's as a simple seasoning for grilled chicken or shrimp... delish! Or sprinkle it on garlic bread before baking! YUM!


Today after I got home from Cost Plus, I made some delish, easy chicken with it using my healthy, no-fail-chicken-prep method:
I line a baking sheet with foil, place a few boneless skinless chicken breasts on top and then drizzle with olive oil. Then I season it liberally (today with Cavender's) and pop it in the broiler for about 7 minutes, until the chicken is just cooked through. I use this method for making chicken fajitas, just changing up the seasonings (chili powder, onion, garlic, salt, pepper).

Usually at the beginning of each week, I make a big batch of chicken this way for use all week long in salads, pastas, casseroles, etc.

Try it!

Or as they say in Greece, Τον δοκιμάστε!

P.S. I wrote the above Greek using an online translator. I'm really hoping it's not a curse word.

No comments:

Post a Comment